1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This freaking thing is killin' me!!!!!HELP!

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Kimmer, Feb 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kimmer

Kimmer Cool Member

Dec 5, 2006
    I have the BSOD or BSB or total failure of something (ME?) Screen is black - it came on out of standby and when I changed channel to an OTA local channel through the box I think. I can hear it but cannot change the channel. I have RBR and unplugged for a few minutes. What the heck is happening??????????? Can this get anymore annoying. I feel bad for the people (and I'm sure there are plenty) who don't know about this forum - I feel bad for us and we know about it.

I think it is great that D* feels (lets) us be testers but give me a break - we are paying for a service that is tooo damn unpredictable - well the HR20 is anyway. They should be paying their customers!!!!!

I go through long periods of no problems and then a problem such as this and missed recordings for a while - doesn't seem to be related to any version!

I'm soooooo aggravated! Can you tell???????? Sorry for the rant and thank you!!!!!!!

2. The Phantom Ghost

The Phantom Ghost Legend

Dec 2, 2006
    Are you sure that the TV is on the right input? Also, are you using HDMI? If so, try components. If I understand, you don't get the channel banner or anything right?

3. Kimmer

Kimmer Cool Member

Dec 5, 2006
    I am using component not HDMI - and I had everything banner and all until I changed the channel.:nono2: Maybe I will shut if off and come back later and everything will be okay - wishful thinking???????????????????

4. jal

jal Icon

Mar 3, 2005
    Kimmer, I agree with you. This situation is very frustrating. I keep having the same problems.

5. Buzz112

Buzz112 Mentor

Jan 30, 2007

6. Milominderbinder2

Milominderbinder2 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '08

Oct 8, 2006
    1. Do you ever have Native Mode ON.
    2. Do you use HDMI?
    3. Do you have more than 30 Series Links?
    4. Do you use Autorecord?
    5. Do you ever turn your HR20 Off (Standby)?

In the HR20 Site Survey - Finding the Cures, no respondent who said NO to these five questions had replaced their HR20.

7. Que

Que Icon

Apr 15, 2006
    I'm sure people have Google "hr20 problems" and it pointed them here.

A user list on this site can give you an idea. I'd also like to see a time line in that user list.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.