1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This Just In- N/Noggin split has finally happen, N on 181

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Willh, May 6, 2009.

1. Willh

Willh Legend

Jan 1, 2009
    as of today the N and Noggin are no longer sharing 169, Noggin went 24/7 on Dish finally this evening at 169 while 181, the former home of Carton Network West became the permanent home for The N this evening also, all Noggin programming after 6 PM ET can be seen on 169, this should be good for the parents of kids ages 1-7.

2. space86

space86 Icon

May 4, 2007
    you beat me to it LOL.

3. tnsprin

tnsprin Hall Of Fame

Mar 15, 2003
    Also the N will no longer be at 9576 as of May 20th. So any one with timers, not me, will have to change them.

4. jclewter79

jclewter79 Hall Of Fame

Jan 8, 2008
    If they are manual timers yes. If set off of the title of the show they box should catch it. I love name based recording.

5. kevruth

kevruth Mentor

Jan 7, 2004
    It's about time. My four-year-old has been so upset that some of his favorite shows on Noggin were "coming up next" at 6:00PM when in fact they weren't. Never thought Dish would finally do the right thing.

6. dorfd1

dorfd1 Icon

Jul 15, 2008
    It is noggin's fault for lying to your child not. Noggin should have said that the N was comming up at 6:00 pm

7. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    I'd like to give Dish credit, but in fact they are just getting ready for the overall reorganization.

8. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    It appears that DISH was the only provider broadcasting the split feed under a previous agreement to carry a "Noggin/N" channel split 12 hours at a time at the mid tier level (currently called Classic Silver 200) and the "Nick Games and Sports" channel at the high tier level (currently called Classic Gold 250).

DISH agreed to carry one channel at 200 and one channel at 250 ... Nickelodeon wanted two channels at 200 (which is what started this week). DISH apparently waited until the end of the contract to make the change. DISH provided exactly what the contract specified, a split Noggin/N channel at 200 and a GAS channel at 250.

The split Noggin/N channel appears to have been a simple switch between the full time feeds of Noggin/N ... whether that switch was done at Nickelodeon and fed to DISH or done at DISH's uplink the "coming up" promos were not replaced. Nickelodeon provided a special feed of GAS for DISH so it is likely they also continued to provided the contracted split Noggin/N feed. Covering up or having different "coming up" promos on the feed to DISH was probably something Nickelodeon just didn't want to bother with.

9. pdh0490

pdh0490 Cool Member

Jul 28, 2008
    i didnt have to wait for the n it has been on directv all this time anyways