1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

this one really stumps me

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by darkserpant, Jan 9, 2013.

1. darkserpant

darkserpant New Member

Jan 31, 2008
    i just got the whole home setup today along with a hr34 and my son got a refurbished hr24 cause he was having problems with his hr22. Anyway my sons hr24 is having problems. I dont even know if I can explain this correctly. Its on a hdtv. If the hr24 is on which it always is and you have the tv on another input like hdmi 2 for his xbox and you would switch it back to the input the hr24 is on you would get a blank screen until you turn the power off on the hr24 and turn it back on then its perfect. And this is every time. I thought it might be the input. So I changed inputs. Same thing on another input. I never ran into this. It is being a pain in the butt and we had the new box for less than 6 hours. Did any of you ever run into this? Or do you know how to fix this?

2. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    This is a total shot in the dark, but is it an HR24-500?

3. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    I'm using different HDMI inputs on my Samsung TV and switching between them is not a problem with the HR24-500. So I'd say that the TV is having a problem with the HDMI handshake to the HR24-500, if that is what you have.

4. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Tasmwhatnk was thinking, an issue with RGB, and it worked with YCrCb.

5. darkserpant

darkserpant New Member

Jan 31, 2008
    yes that is what I have(hr24-500) If it is the hand shake so to speak is there a way to fix this? It is a toshiba tv.

6. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    I'd try component.