1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

This program cannot be played because...

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by parallax1, Aug 12, 2011.

1. parallax1

parallax1 Mentor

Jun 21, 2007
    All of a sudden I get a message that "This program cannot be played because too many playlists are being used"....or something like that. I have 2 HR24's connected by Directv and was watching 1 program from the bedroom DVR in the living room. Nothing being watched in the bedroom at the time. All programs that were in the playlist from the bedroom had red circles with a white minus through them and wouldn't play. I reset both DVR's and just as I was about to call Directv they went away and could be watched again. Any ideas?

2. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    Are you sure nothing was being watched in the bedroom? Maybe a show had been watched earlier and was paused on the DVR?

3. parallax1

parallax1 Mentor

Jun 21, 2007
    Last time I had watched anything was about a week ago and the wife watches stuff from the bedroom in the living room every day. It basically stopped the program mid-stream and said too much was going on.

4. Kevin F

Kevin F Hall Of Fame

May 9, 2010
    Some DECA testing should be in order then I think.

5. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    Running a system test from each of the HR24s should be enough to know the DECA status.
    I've seen the same issue, but rarely, and the last time it cleared itself after a min or two.
    "Worst case" would require receivers to be rebooted to clear, but I haven't had to do this in a very long time.

6. parallax1

parallax1 Mentor

Jun 21, 2007
    Thanks! So far no more problems but this info will come in handy if it happens again.