1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This Sucks

Discussion in 'DIRECTV SD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Nosey, May 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nosey

Nosey Legend

Mar 12, 2006
    Ok, since I can't get my dish working (which I spoke with my dad tonight, he has a standard receiver, he is coming over at 10am tomorrow and we are going to align my dish with his receiver, then we will hook up my r15 and hopefully have a signal)..

anyways, before I left home tonight I hooked up my roof antenna and setup to record ncis and the unit off the air on "nbc"...

around 930 I was checking something in the tv guide and relized that they are on cbs not nbc, so I called my dad, who has a dvd recorder and was going to see if he could record the west coast feed later tonight, well, he has locals and I guess with locals you loose your national feeds..

so if anyone watched ncis and the unit tonight please tell me that they were not good episodes and I didn't miss much!!!!!

whats funny is my dad said he pays extra for the local feed but I bet he doesn't get a discount for not having national feeds....

ok, that was just a vent for my screwup, no replies are needed :)

2. gimme5

gimme5 Legend

Jan 27, 2006
    So, if you don't get locals, you actually get the west coast feed as well as the east coast feed? That's pretty cool...

3. thumperr

thumperr Godfather

Feb 10, 2006
    both episodes of 'The Unit' were very good. sorry...

4. ISWIZ

ISWIZ Icon

Nov 18, 2005
    Actually, if he ever gets locals, he will be charged extra for the "Coast" feeds if he elects to keep them. That's what I do.

5. Nosey

Nosey Legend

Mar 12, 2006
    thanks for the info thumperr, thats just what I wanted to know:flaiming

now will have to watch for the rerun's of them..

and of course, can't really find anything I really want to watch or haven't seen tonight..

6. cybok0

cybok0 Godfather

Jan 5, 2006
    NCIS was pretty good

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.