1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This weeks Dish Uplink report...

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by music_beans, Jun 22, 2009.

1. music_beans

music_beans Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2003
    I was wondering...where is this weeks Dish uplink report? (the one for 6-16-09)

I usually read through those uplink reports in order to see if any new channels of interest to me are coming soon, such as Qubo.

2. Michael P

Michael P Hall Of Fame

Oct 27, 2004
    If you want Qubo and have an ION station broadcasting in your area try getting it OTA. I get it on my 622 ever since the end of analog TV on 6-12 (my ION station "flash-cut" from analog to digital).

3. music_beans

music_beans Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2003
    I would, but there is no ION OTA afiliate in South Dakota.

4. neljtorres

neljtorres Godfather

Jul 15, 2004

It usually is on Wed.!

5. jclewter79

jclewter79 Hall Of Fame

Jan 8, 2008
    Yeah, he is talking about last Wednesday. There were uplinks then, I guess that JohnH is on vacation or something, he never did post them on here last week.

6. Raymie

Raymie Godfather

Mar 31, 2007
    There were issues. I had to go to another site to get the uplink report. (Even they were a little late to the punch.)

A bunch of locals (Richmond, Tampa, OK City, WPB, Birmingham, Tulsa) were added to 129 in HD. Bend and North Platte SD was added but not made available. Univision was added in Palm Springs, internationals moved off 148, and WDBJ HD was made available.)

7. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    I wouldn't hold your breath regarding qubo showing up on DISH in the foreseeable future. Neither DISH nor DIRECTV carry any qubo feeds.

I'm guessing that everyone is hesitant to sign a contract with a network that is currently involved in Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings.

8. Raymie

Raymie Godfather

Mar 31, 2007
    Dish did an HD Tuesday on Twitter. They've announced KVAL, KIDK, KBCI, KIMA, and WKBW HD for tomorrow. Something smells Fisher-y...and don't take it for Granite.

9. ShapeShifter

ShapeShifter Godfather

Apr 21, 2008
    Say WHAT!?!?!? :eek2:

If that's true, this will be me soon: :icon_da:

I've been following the uplink reports every day for a year and a half waiting for news on that station! Figures that something would happen this week. :bang

JohnH, I hope everythings all right with you. Where are you, we miss you! :bowdown:

10. Raymie

Raymie Godfather

Mar 31, 2007
    Yes, it's true, ShapeShifter.

twitter.com/dishnetwork

That could be good news for Fort Wayne subs too, because WPTA-WISE also falls under Granite (and Malara, their shell company). That is an "illegal" ABC-NBC duopoly, and I wasn't sure if it were going to be available from day one for Fort Wayne subs.

11. jeffgbailey

jeffgbailey Legend

Feb 28, 2008
    The FCC doesnt think its illegal. Hell they do the same thing in Duluth, MN
    KBJR NBC owned by Granite
    KDLH CBS "owned" by Malara but run by Granite

WDIO (ABC) went to the FCC about it and technically they say it isnt illegal......lame, yes but not illegal

also in Chisholm, MN KBJR flash cut their NBC satellite station to 5 (FIVE!!) subchannels
    NBC
    CBS
    My
    CW
    weather
    (CW is on CBS subchannel and My is on NBC subchannel in Duluth)

12. ShapeShifter

ShapeShifter Godfather

Apr 21, 2008
    Well then, that's great! I'll have to watch for when it actually goes live (nothing yet.) How accurate is that Twitter? Is it straight from the powers that be at E*, or is it just someone's gossip channel?

That station was the last stumbling block for me to go with a 1000.4 single dish solution. I don't particularly care about the station, but my wife insists on it. And with it currently only being available in SD on 110, and the rest of the big 4 locals on 61.5, I couldn't get them all on one dish.

Now, I just hope that when it does goes live, it'll be on 61.5.

Now, I wonder... when the EA was first announced, it was stated that Buffalo would eventually go to EA. I wonder if this station was a stumbling block, and if this news means things are one step closer?

13. Raymie

Raymie Godfather

Mar 31, 2007
    And today's uplink has been done.

I'm posting the Uplink Report Highlights which will tell you what happened.

And Dish's Twitter has been established as reliable. Their HD Tuesdays are my favorite part; look at the bonanza it gives!

14. music_beans

music_beans Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2003
    Well...they made a new contract with ION and they added the ION West feed. It's still possible that Qubo could make it in.

15. jclewter79

jclewter79 Hall Of Fame

Jan 8, 2008
    Does anybody have any idea where JohnH is? I hope everything is ok.

16. ShapeShifter

ShapeShifter Godfather

Apr 21, 2008
    Yes it has, and the channel is live! :stickman: Yahoo!

Thanks for the updates!

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing yesterday. His last login was two weeks ago! His last posts say nothing about a vacation or other hiatus. I hope all is well.

17. Darkman

Darkman Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 16, 2002
    F* the Uplink activity ..

Is JohnH OK?

( JohnH - Last Activity: 06-10-09 11:53 AM )

Anyone knows?

18. neljtorres

neljtorres Godfather

Jul 15, 2004
    Hsve not seen John H for a will to? Is he on vacation?

19. Jason Nipp

Jason Nipp Analog Geek in a Digital World Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Gold Club DBSTalk Club

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern...
    No, he is not on vacation.

He contacted us about 4 weeks ago stating he was ill.

We are trying to pass all of your good wishes on to him, but we have no idea if he is able to read them.

20. Jason Nipp

Jason Nipp Analog Geek in a Digital World Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Gold Club DBSTalk Club

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern...
    Out of respect for John, please do not open anymore threads titled "Uplink Report" unless it is a true report. This is John's legacy and I do not wish to disrespect that.

I wish John health and comfort.

Thanks,
    Jason