1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

THR22-100 Internal Temp

Discussion in 'DIRECTV DVR with TiVo Discussion' started by SRG, May 21, 2012.

1. SRG

SRG New Member

Apr 15, 2012
    Hey anyone else seeing high internal temps on their THR22?? Mine sits on a shelf by itself, no door and no components below it. Outside the entertainment center 6" above it is my XBOX and PS3. On the first 80+ degree day here I got the internal temp is high message on my screen and I since the average daily temp has risen I see it more frequently. I cut in 3 120mm fans with a temp sensor in the back of the entertainment center, and I am still seeing internal temps of 55C to 60C. I am just wondering what others are seeing and hoping to get some ideas to help keep the temps low as I head into the summer.

2. BAMCAT

BAMCAT AllStar

Nov 24, 2007
    Hi,
    Mine runs at 43C according to the System information page.
    You might try having D* replace the unit and see if you still have the issue.