1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

THR22 New Quirks

Discussion in 'DIRECTV DVR with TiVo Discussion' started by fraaboak, Jan 23, 2013.

1. fraaboak

fraaboak Cool Member

Nov 16, 2010
    My Tivo dvr has started to do some strange things. 1. When changing channels with remote up and down button it will skip a channel. I must put in the channel number to get channel it skipped. 2. When i am on a music channel and punch in a channel number dvr will not respond. I must use the remote to go up one channel and when the channel guide comes up I can enter the channel number.

I also notice on firmware watcher new software for THR 22 is 0x01B2. Is this correct?

TIVO running Panasonic Plasma ED, Sony Surround Receiver.

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Have you tried resetting your Tivo?

3. fraaboak

fraaboak Cool Member

Nov 16, 2010
    Tried rebooting. One of two problems fixed. Thinking of trading TIVO unit for D's HR;s.. Will save the TIVO fee. Will call retention and see what they can do.. Thanks for your help.

4. litzdog911

litzdog911 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Which problem still exists? Keep us posted.