1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Thursday Night Football on NFL Network

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Kevin F, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Kevin F

Kevin F Hall Of Fame

May 9, 2010
    Is tonights game in Dolby Digital 5.1? DD is not coming through for me on nfln but it does come through on any other channel.

2. Hoosier205

Hoosier205 New Member

Sep 3, 2007
    No...they decided there were still issues needing to be worked out. It is really pathetic at this point that they can't get it together.

3. Kevin F

Kevin F Hall Of Fame

May 9, 2010
    What type of issues...? Also they need to keep the scoreboard on the screen. That would help.

4. Hoosier205

Hoosier205 New Member

Sep 3, 2007
  5. sigma1914

sigma1914 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    Dang, I thought people b**ched & moaned a lot here. They're about to blow a gasket over there. :lol:

6. ATARI

ATARI Hall Of Fame

May 10, 2007
    :D

7. ATARI

ATARI Hall Of Fame

May 10, 2007
    I actually clicked the link and read the replies, and I wish to change grin to an OMG!!

People complaining on that board about camera angles and jaggies on the graphics and on and on.

I almost want to sign up an account over there and post "It's a football game!! Just sit back and try to enjoy it!"

8. Richierich

Richierich Hall Of Fame

Jan 10, 2008
    Is there an Easy Way To Set Up An Autorecord for Thursday Night Football or Monday Night Football? I have to set up a Manual Recording and then after Football Season is over I have to Delete it and then the next year do it all over again.

Plus it says Manual Recording and Not "Monday Night Football" so I wish there was an Edit Feature so you could edit the name.

9. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    Off the top of my head:

FOOTBALL CCHANN 212 & Live Event

I know I have a search at home that only finds live games of football, college and NFL but I am at work and do not remember the logic. If I added CCHANN 212, it would restrict it to NFL Network live games (which would include any bowl games they do but those could be deleted from the todo list.

Same with Monday Night Football.

10. Richierich

Richierich Hall Of Fame

Jan 10, 2008
    Yes, with Monday Night Football I have a Manual Recording set up for that channel and that time slot but it would be nice if Directv would then let us Edit the Name of the Manual Recording so it stands out as a Football Game such as in renaming it "Monday Night Football" which used to be put into the Guide Data but is no longer kept that way.

I entered "AALL FOOTBALL CCHAN 212 LIVE EVENT" and I will monitor it next Thursday Night before the game starts to see if it works.

Thanks for the Help and Info.

11. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    What does the search come back with when you run the search itself?

12. Richierich

Richierich Hall Of Fame

Jan 10, 2008
    Well, I went back and Deleted that Smart Search and then Entered a new one as follows: AALL FOOTBALL CCHAN 212 LIVE EVENTS then hit the Red Button and Selected Sports and then Football as a Subcategory and it worked.

It brought up the "Bears and Dolphins" for 11/18/2010 so it worked.

I had put in EVENT and NOT EVENTS and AALL matches the words exactly.

Thank you Very Much for Your Help!!! :hurah:

13. Richierich

Richierich Hall Of Fame

Jan 10, 2008
    Actually I got Lucky because I had a Series Link "AALL ATLANTA FALCONS LIVE EVENTS" with Sports and Football selected as categories and that Recorded the Game last night but now my Series Link for Thursday Night Football will GitRDone!!! :D

Thanks.

14. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    You are welcome! Glad it worked.

15. Richierich

Richierich Hall Of Fame

Jan 10, 2008
    Me Too as I would have hated to have to do it Manually every week (probably forgetting on occasion).

16. Jeremy W

Jeremy W Hall Of Fame

Jun 19, 2006
    It's the Audio/Video Science Forum. That's kind of the whole point.

17. Hoosier205

Hoosier205 New Member

Sep 3, 2007
    Of course they are complaining. That broadcast was pathetic. A lack of DD 5.1 means I won't watch. No excuses at this point.

18. Kevin F

Kevin F Hall Of Fame

May 9, 2010
    +1

19. Richierich

Richierich Hall Of Fame

Jan 10, 2008
    Yes, some people are too picky as I certainly don't see what they are seeing. Mine looks Great but maybe my expectations are lower or my Equipment is Better at Resolving whatever seems to be missing.

I do have a Problem with the Dolby Digital Audio Problem and wished they could fix that but if it switches over to Analog I can still live with that. I am doing some experimental testing to see just what I think causes this.

I think it is related to using FF and 30 Second Skip so I will continue to experiment to see just when my Denon loses the DD 5.1 Signal.

20. anleva

anleva Icon

Nov 14, 2007
    Agree with that and much of what they were saying in that discussion. Hated the graphic with the blue flash lighting across the bottom of the screen.