1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Time Shifting - Literally...

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by wagman, Aug 25, 2010.

1. wagman

wagman Legend

Jul 11, 2007
    Well,
    I guess I just got the latest NR...cause I got a big ole message about the new super duper searchomatic 9000, or whatever it is called...I surf more than search, so maybe this will encourage new habits...anyway, got off track...

The current time, in the Guide, has now shifted from its usual, and I thought, nicely placed location in the top left of the screen to under the preview window on the right.

What's up with that? :confused:Was this an actual request by people? Engineers just trying to start a fight? I thought it was completely gone, until I found it hanging out in the wrong neighborhood.

Anyone know the real reason for the change? I thought it was fine right up there with the other timing information...now that spot is just empty and lonely...sad.:(

Just sayin'

2. Carl Spock

Carl Spock Superfly

Sep 3, 2004
    Time, time, time
    See what's become of me
    While I looked around for my possibilities
    I was so hard to please

- Paul Simon

3. shmengie

shmengie Godfather

Apr 12, 2007
    City of Angels
    thx! i thought it was gone. or maybe that i was crazy and it was never there.

4. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    The clock was moved to make room for the new "posters".

5. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Yes, it had to move because of the informative graphics at the top left. If you use your DVR for a clock it will take some getting used to.

6. Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy Godfather

Jul 9, 2007
    Does anybody really know what time it is?
    Does anybody really care?