1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Time to upgrade?

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by renpar61, Mar 15, 2012.

Tags:
  1. renpar61

renpar61 Legend

Aug 5, 2006
    My loyal 622, has served me well for about 7 years. A little glitch here and there, but always performed strongly even under heavy handling (kids).
    Now for the third time this week, I got a frozen picture followed by a self reboot. I believe this happened maybe once before, several years ago and remained an isolated incident.
    This time I fear the worst.
    The good thing is I was already getting interested in Hopper/Joey scenario.:)
    Should I jump on it, or replace the 622 temporarily and wait for Dish to iron the wrinkles on the new system?
    I am sure I am a top tier customer, therefore it should be free to replace my 622+211(x2) with an Hopper+2 Joeys. Is installation and wiring free too (I have the protection plan)?

2. Joe Bernardi

Joe Bernardi Legend

May 27, 2003
    It should be free to replace your 622, but you will have to pay $100 for the Hopper, and get up to three Joeys free. With the protection plan, you will pay $15 for installation. Monthly fees are essentially $10 for the Hopper plus $7 for each Joey.

3. jack51pine

jack51pine New Member

Mar 16, 2012
    I was quoted $200 for the Hopper and $100 for each Joey up front. Where did you get the $100 price?

4. Joe Bernardi

Joe Bernardi Legend

May 27, 2003
    Dish decides based on customer history. I've had America's Everything Pack since I signed up for Dish 11 years ago, autpay by credit card and paperless billing.

Contact a DIRT member to verify your offer.