1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Timer/Dish Pass question

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by Mr.72, Mar 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.72

Mr.72 Icon

Feb 2, 2007
    OK.

When I set up a Timer or Dish pass, what criteria does it use for channel selection?

I mean, does it relate to the guide "favorites" list that is currently in use? Or will it do all subscribed channels? Is there any alternate way to restrict this?

Thx-

2. Ron Barry

Ron Barry 622 Tips & Trick Keeper DBSTalk Club

Dec 10, 2002
    Dish pass uses all channels unless you tell it not to. Defaults to all channels. Also with L4.01 (In limited release now), you will be able to set SD or HD priority.

New and All use the channel that you selected to record.

3. Mr.72

Mr.72 Icon

Feb 2, 2007
    by "all channels" does that mean even those that I don't get? Or "All Sub"?

4. Ron Barry

Dec 10, 2002
    All Sub... I am sure Mark or Chuck will correct me if I am wrong here.. Head is hurting..

5. Mr.72

Mr.72 Icon

Feb 2, 2007
    alright ... one more question .. if i want to restrict channels that get caught by the dish pass, then will "Locking" them do it?

one thing that's happening is my "Spurs" dish pass will consume all three tuners in some cases. For example, the same game may be on a local channel in HD (OTA), also on the map-down channel and on the 84xx channel and it will record all three. I want it to record the SAT channel (SD grr!) since this thing has so many OTA reception problems (backup), but not BOTH of them. would a lock fix this?

6. Ron Barry

Dec 10, 2002
    In this case.. Set a Dish PASS for Spurs game and in the Dish Pass set it only for that particular channel. With L4.01 you could do SD only I believe.. But if you have L3.66 then setting it to a particular channel will catch all Spur Games on that SD channel.

7. Mr.72

Mr.72 Icon

Feb 2, 2007
    no, i don't want it for just that channel. the games come on all kinds of different channels. the only way it will get them all is if i let it select from just about any channel, and the only way to get it with a backup for the flaky OTA tuner is to also get it on SD (allow duplicates). so i want to just exclude the channels that are duplicated on the receiver (84xx channels duplicated from the regular local numbers).

8. wahoolions

wahoolions Cool Member

Jul 26, 2006
    In response to your previous question, the Dish Pass should only be getting the "sub" channels, not all of them (and not the favorites screen you're on).

On the second question, I just locked a channel that one of my Dish Passes was going to record from, but the event still showed up in the list of upcoming recordings. I did not try and create a new timer to see if the lock kept the channel out of the Dish Pass.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.