1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Timer issues

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by cto1, Mar 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cto1

cto1 New Member

Feb 19, 2007
    Has anyone had any problems with timers. All of timers are working correctly except 3 times in the last week I have set timers for Prison Break and 24 on my OTA channels and it seems to forget I have set these. I will check back a couple of days later and they will be gone. I have had Dish for 3 weeks. At first I was not having this issue and then they came and put up the correct Dush and now it has started. Any ideas?

2. jimmyp

jimmyp New Member

Feb 9, 2006
    YESSS!!! Sorry to hear about your problems, but I am glad someone else has seen this too (I thought I was going a little crazy and it was somehow my fault). My problem is the same and it involves only "over the air" recordings (24 being one program missed...aarrgh!). It has happened 3 times since Sunday and I double checked all my timers and they are still in order. These timers have worked flawlessly in the past, so I have no idea what is going on. I will try a reboot and reset those timers tonight to see if that works.

3. ChuckA

ChuckA Hall Of Fame

Feb 7, 2006
    Check the history and you should see a reason why the event was skipped.

4. cto1

cto1 New Member

Feb 19, 2007
    The shows actually disappear off of my schedule list all together

5. Rob Glasser

Rob Glasser Hall Of Fame Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2005
    Does the timer disappear too or is it still listed in the timers? If it's still there it might be similar to a problem I had before.

I've had this happen once or twice, I think last summer. I think the timer is corrupt, I think I fixed it by deleting the entire timer, then I rebooted my 622, and then I made a new timer for the show. I don't know if the reboot is really necessary but I think that is the order in which I did things.

6. cto1

cto1 New Member

Feb 19, 2007
    Yes the timer disappears completely. Just like I never did it

7. Rob Glasser

Rob Glasser Hall Of Fame Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2005
    Ok, that is really really strange.

So, after you set up the timer you can go to your schedule and see it setup to record, but a day or 2 later you go to look at it and it's not on your schedule and the timer does not exist? That I've never seen.

I'd be curious to see if you create a timer, verify it's on the schedule, and then do a manual reboot if it goes away. Curious if the reboot or the guide update in the middle of the night is causing this to happen. Neither should and if this continues to happen I'd suggest calling Dish Network for assistance.

8. cto1

cto1 New Member

Feb 19, 2007
    Thanks, I will try that to see if that is when it is happening

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.