1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Timer Problems With L3.83 on 625

Discussion in 'Standard Definition Receiver Support Forum' started by olguy, Oct 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. olguy

olguy Hall Of Fame

Jan 9, 2006
    I noticed this last week after L3.83 installed. When looking at the Daily Schedule for the next week, a number of programs have been skipped and labled Incorrect Event. But they are the correct event and at the correct time. I have been restoring them but that gets to be a pain. When I looked this am, all the "Incorrect Events" were on the last 2 days of the schedule. I didn't restore them and will look tomorrow to see if maybe the one's for next Moday will be restored when there is only 1 Monday on the schedule.

2. olguy

olguy Hall Of Fame

Jan 9, 2006
    Tech Support via email wasn't much help. They told me to delete and recreate the events marked "incorrect Event". Also told me the info needed from me to submit a report to engineering. I deleted and recreated and all has been well until this morning. It happened again so I sent the information.

Just curious, am I the only one with this problem?

3. kf4omc

kf4omc Godfather

Apr 11, 2006
    since I got 3.83 My 625 dosen't reboot anymore. Almost every problem I been having has gone away. My 625 was rebooting 5 or 6 time a week. Most of the time roght in the middle of prime time programing. For me 3.83 is the best upgrade yet. But it is just me.

4. Delta5

Delta5 Cool Member

Aug 7, 2006

No, you are not alone. Our 625 did this last week with Survivor on Thursday night. Just didn't record it, 'Incorrect Event' listed for the reason. Nice! Looks like I'll be forking out $1.99 to buy the episode from iTunes. Thanks Dish Network! :nono2:

It did have it scheduled for next week. I deleted and re-added the timer just to be on the safe side. My wife was not amused and I got to hear all weekend about how our Tivo never would have done that....

I hope it won't ever do that to Desperate Housewives or Project Runway, as I don't know if I'd be able to stop her from taking a chain saw to the 625! :lol: :nono2:

5. olguy

olguy Hall Of Fame

Jan 9, 2006
    I had deleted and recreated several programs that had that problem and thought everything was ok. Checked this am and there were a couple more. Plus the search function is no longer working correctly. I spoke with a second level support tech after I found the search problem and he quickly said they would send me another unit. Problem is I have about 60 hours of recorded stuff I need to watch first.

6. cobra2225

cobra2225 Legend

Feb 4, 2006
    same problem here with the timmers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.