1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Timer Question

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by airpolgas, Apr 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. airpolgas

airpolgas Godfather

Aug 12, 2002
    How do I tell a timer to start 1 minute LATE?

I record Prison Break and 24 on Monday nights, and both are currently set to fire off on TV2. The trailers for next week's Prison Break is always cut-off, and the remainder is on the beginning of my 24 recording. Since 24 always starts with a recap anyway, I would rather have 24 start recording at 9:01.

I set my Prison Break Timer to end 1 minute late, but 24 has priority over it. I'm afraid it will push the other show to record on TV1, which is also recording another show.

Any ideas on how to adjust the recording time of 24? I know I can do manual, but I am using NBR for both right now.

Thanks.

2. liferules

liferules Godfather

Aug 14, 2005
    I'm not aware of any way to do it unless you set a manual timer.

I agree, its frustrating to lose the last minute or 2 of a good show. I wish Dish would do the TiVo thing and make the timers more intilligent...specifically, giving priority to the top timers, and then starting lower timers immediately after the 1st timer ends, even if it means you missed a minute or 2. The current setup makes this impossible, it just won't record the second timer...

3. airpolgas

airpolgas Godfather

Aug 12, 2002
    Well, 24 is a bad example, considering they will not show re-runs the whole season, but you get the idea. I guess if that's the case, I'll go manual timer on 24.

4. wingnut1

wingnut1 Legend

Nov 10, 2005
    I haven't investigated it on the 622, but on the 942 there was a way to set defaults and this was one of the defaults that you could set. Since the 622 software seems to be built on the 942 I would think that there would be a way to do it.

5. airpolgas

airpolgas Godfather

Aug 12, 2002
    Wingnut1, there are also default settings for the timers on 622, but they are to start early and end late. I want one where it will start late, which is not an option.

6. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    There's no way to do this yet, but it's something that I've been told is coming...eventually...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.