1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Timers all gone

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by TonyB, Aug 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TonyB

TonyB Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 5, 2004
    Tonight I noticed that a program that is set to be taped did not fire. Upon looking at the timer list - it was empty. They are all gone.

2. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    First question that I have to ask - did someone else in your household delete them?

Then, if your timer list screen was empty, I assume that your Daily Schedule was also empty?

Did you try rebooting the 622? If not, pull the power cord for at least 30 seconds, and then plug back in. After the reboot, look to see if your timers are there.

3. TonyB

TonyB Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 5, 2004
    Update:
    Last night the timers were all back, as well as the recorded programs!!!!!
    The other day, not only did the timer list appear empty, but so did all the recorded programs.

Question is, what would have happened if I had recorded something while the list appeared empty? Would that have corrupted the memory???? That I think is as important as the fact that the list appeared empty. It would be easy for someone to do, since you don't have to look at the recorded list before recording something else.

Mark, Is this a documented bug for this receiver?

4. M5Guy

M5Guy Mentor

Jun 24, 2006
    I had the same thing happen with timers (but recorded programs were still there) once after a power outage. I reset the box by holding in the power button & after the reboot everything was back & OK. This has only happened once in 3 months. Since then I have added a UPS which should help.

5. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    I've seen instances when the power problems have corrupted the memory. Rebooting restores things to normal most of the time.

Documented bug? Yes, but it's so sporadic, affecting so few receivers so infrequently, that it's tough to fix.

6. HarryS

HarryS AllStar

Mar 6, 2005
    I've also seen this. For some reason the 622 didn't download the guide, and all the timers disappeared. Once I forced a guide download, the timers reappeared.

7. sNEIRBO

sNEIRBO Icon

Jul 23, 2006
    My Mom had this problem with her 522 back about a year ago. She freaked and figured all of her recordings and timers were gone. She re-entered all of her timers. That night when the receiver updated, all of her recordings came back, but she only had the new timers she had entered. She hasn't had any problems with it since.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.