1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Timers and Favorites backup

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by kstevens, Mar 27, 2013.

1. kstevens

kstevens Icon

Mar 26, 2003
    I just swapped the old hopper with the new hopper with sling. I was expecting to have to rebuild my timers and favorites list, but once I finished setting up the system, I found that they were already set on the new hopper. Are these backed up on the Joey so when I relinked the Joey, it restored my settings?

Ken

2. n0qcu

n0qcu Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    You settings and timers are saved in the remote

3. lparsons21

lparsons21 Hall Of Fame

Mar 4, 2006
    Herrin, IL
    I know the settings and timers CAN be saved in the remote, but it isn't automatic from what I've read.

4. n0qcu

n0qcu Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Restoring to a replacement receiver is automatic, it restores immediately after linking the remote.

Sent from my iPad.

5. lparsons21

lparsons21 Hall Of Fame

Mar 4, 2006
    Herrin, IL
    I did not know that, thanks.

But you still have to manually save it to the remote, right???

6. kstevens

kstevens Icon

Mar 26, 2003
    I had not saved my settings to the remote in a while, but the timers and favorites seemed to be up to date.

7. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    do regular backup and you will have everything OK and being prepare to disaster what could happen any day from now !