1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Timers failed, EPG problem

Discussion in 'ViP922 DVR Support Forum' started by BobaBird, Apr 23, 2012.

1. BobaBird

BobaBird EKB Editor

Mar 30, 2002
    Got home from work a couple hours ago to find none of my shows from satellite channels had recorded. An OTA event did record. Here's a typical example from the Daily Schedule history:

Nurse Jackie
    Completed: By user 2
    Timer Started: 4/22 6:00pm
    Recording Started: N/A
    Timer Stopped: 6:30pm
    Recording Stopped: N/A
    Not sure how start and stop of "N/A" gets translates into "Completed."

A test timer for the next show on created from the Browse banner did fire, so timer recording does still work.

I originally tried the guide to make a test timer, but got Error 024 which said the feature is unavailable and there is no data. Going back to Browse, I expected, based on this error, to see only the current and next program but I was able to scroll across several hours into the future. Sure looked like data to me.

After a reboot I have EPG out to next Tuesday afternoon. Crossing my fingers for tomorrow's busy recording schedule.

2. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Doctor Whom Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    I have seen this particular bug before. Every once in a while the 922 just seems to lose its mind and doesn't record stuff or it does "appear" to record if you are there watching BUT afterwards you find no recording saved and either no history OR weirdness like you mentioned.

Not sure what the issue is... but I've seen it before.

3. BobaBird

BobaBird EKB Editor

Mar 30, 2002
    So far, so good. A timer fired before the nightly update and another fired since. Forgot to mention there were no clouds to cause signal strength issues.