1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

timing of recordings

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by heelsfinl4, Jul 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heelsfinl4

heelsfinl4 Mentor

Oct 20, 2006
    I apologize if this has been addressed already, but Iam having a problem with the timing of my recordings. It seems that every recording starts about a minute or 2 late. Other than padding my recordings, is there anything I can do to reset the proper time on my hr20? I didn't notice anything in the help and set up about this. thanks in advance

2. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    There are two things that could be going on:

1) Your recordings are truely recording late... which could either be the HR20's clock, processing of the start time, or the network is goofing things up.... anyone of those... nothing you can do about it.

2) Playback is starting into the program (which is a known issue), try rewinding to see if their is content BEFORE the point the HR20 starts playback.

3. aim2pls

aim2pls Icon

Jun 18, 2007
    over the last few years the various networks have gotten VERY sloppy with program start times .. use to be that if it's suppose to start at 9 00 it did .. now if the COMMERCIAL runs over (or fit in that extra 15 sec spot) .. it delays the program ... they are making up "some" of this lost time with multiscreen it end of one program with the beginning of the next ... BUT they NEVER multi-screen the commercials

4. HDTVFanAtic

HDTVFanAtic Banned User

Jul 23, 2005
    No, they are very precise and the programs are starting EXACTLY when they plan them to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.