1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Tip for International package subscribers

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Tips and Resources' started by Kiwipi, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Kiwipi

Kiwipi New Member

Aug 17, 2013
    There are 2 special base packages (cheaper than the standard base packages) that you can get only in conjunction with international programming:

1) "Basic Choice" - $15.99/month
    2) "Preferred Choice" - $19.99/month for 12 months; $43.99/mo regular

Locals included. Request it by NAME and insist on it. My salesguy tried to lie and get me to sign up for "Entertainment" or "Choice." (While both are a good deal for the first 12 months, price jumps after that)

Hold firm and say you saw it on the website about special base packages for international programming.

If on a budget it'll def save money.

2. kaminar

kaminar Mentor

Mar 25, 2012
    There is a big difference between the 2. Basic Choice has minimal channels (maybe 50+), where Preferred has 120+. Preferred also Includes 3 months of HBO, Cinemax, Starz and Showtime (approx 46 additional premium channels). Additionally, the Entertainment package includes 160 channels (marketed at 140+) for $29.99 for 12 months, and regular price is $54.99 thereafter. Keep in mind, there are minimum required packages to qualify for free equipment upgrades and other promotions.

Most importantly, all orders are based on credit.

-=K=-

3. Kiwipi

Kiwipi New Member

Aug 17, 2013
    Yeah, Basic Choice sucks (mostly radio channels and some shopping+religion tv channels) but if all you want is local channels, it's a cheap base package for the international package requirement.

Preferred Choice has a decent basic lineup in my opinion. Google channels.