1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Titanic 3D

Discussion in 'The Movies' started by Chris Blount, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Chris Blount

Chris Blount Creator of DBSTalk Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 22, 2001
    Sat down last night and watched Titanic in 3D. It's really amazing what James Cameron (the director) did with the conversion from 2D to 3D. Apparently they spent 18 million and took a year to complete the conversion. James Cameron was actively involved with every shot. The results are fantastic! No 3D gimmicks. Just a much more immersive experience that improves on the original 2D. James Cameron said that he used his 3D experience with Avatar for Titanic 3D and it shows. Highly recommended if you have a 3D display. The Blu-Ray was just released. Comes with the 2D version as well which also looks fantastic! http://www.amazon.com/Titanic-Four-...TF8&qid=1347460931&sr=8-1&keywords=titanic+3d

I'm pretty much blown away. Best 2D to 3D conversion I've seen thus far.

2. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    I have a coupon for it from Best Buy, if I ever get over to the store. I plan on buying the 3d/Digital/Blu combo. Looking forward to it.

Mr. Cameron still has a lot to make up for, considering the lackluster release of Titanic on DVD in 1999. I had it on VHS and pre-ordered it on DVD before the features were listed. It turns out there were no features at all, and the presentation isn't even anamorphic widescreen. Let's hope this presentation makes me forget all about that.

3. Chris Blount

Chris Blount Creator of DBSTalk Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 22, 2001
    You will. I remember that 1st DVD release. It was horrible. They scanned the movie in 4K for this Blu-Ray release. It's looks stunning!

4. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 DIRECTV A-Team

Jul 28, 2004
    Mrs HDTVFan is picking it up today. In Blu Ray...it's a must-have.

5. John Strk

John Strk Legend

Oct 16, 2009
    I picked up the 2D Blu-Ray release Monday and I agree it looks amazing! I didn't get around to seeing the 3D IMAX release a few months ago in theaters. I regret that now. But this is a fantastic release. Great bonus disc too with tons of extra features. Almost an hour of HD deleted scenes I've never seen before.