1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TiVo Article

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by KenIdaho, Feb 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KenIdaho

KenIdaho Mentor

Dec 3, 2002
    I just ran across an interesting article in Electronic Design about TiVo. http://www.elecdesign.com/Articles/Index.cfm?ArticleID=17400&extension=pdf I found it interesting that 45% of the TiVo Subscribers were direct TV customers. This means that roughly 225,000 thousand Direct Tivo Users given that TiVo has 500,000 subscribers.

If D* has 12,000,000 subscribers which if I remember is correct that means only less than 2% of D* subscribers are Direct TiVo.

2. spanishannouncetable

spanishannouncetable Icon

Apr 23, 2002
    It's always good to be part of the top 2% :)

Since I own 2 DirecTiVos, I must be in the top 1% :D

3. gcutler

gcutler Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    If the DTiVo vendors had not had a shortage of machines (and then dragged their as* on the DirectTiVo series 2) the #s would be alot higher.

I wonder if they count multiple SA machine subs more than once (since each subscription is dependant on the machine not the person). If so how many multiple DTiVo owners are there. Every DTiVo owner I know either have more than one machine or wished they had more than one machine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.