1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

TIVO HR10

Discussion in 'DIRECTV DVR with TiVo Discussion' started by ibooksrule, Mar 21, 2013.

1. ibooksrule

ibooksrule Godfather

Feb 16, 2003
    I have someone wanting to sell an upgraded TIVO HR10-250 with a 500gb drive in it. I have the new swm dish and was curious if there is anything needed to hook this up to that and if the AM21 will work with this TIVO for off air channels?
    I use to have an old SD tivo Directv and loved it. yes i like many of the things the new DVRs can do but i like the old tivo interface and was curious about buying it.

Thanks

2. Brubear

Brubear Legend

Nov 13, 2008
    The Tivo is not compatible with SWiM. Only d12's and H/Hr 20+ are compatible with SWiM systems.

3. ibooksrule

ibooksrule Godfather

Feb 16, 2003
    ok well i guess then i will not be getting it. I would like a tivo but with the host of issues on the new ones i guess ill just go with an hr24

4. ndole

ndole Problem Solver

Aug 26, 2009
    The R16 and R22 are also compatible.

5. viclovr

viclovr AllStar

Aug 15, 2012
    you could get the thr22. its swm compatible and has 500 gb drive

6. Brubear

Brubear Legend

Nov 13, 2008
    yeah, I should have included those as well as the THR22. Sloppy of me.

7. machavez00

machavez00 Hall Of Fame

Nov 2, 2006
    Phoenix,...
    The HR10 will not recieve the newer MPEG4 HD channels.

8. studechip

studechip Godfather

Apr 16, 2012
    True. One point, the op didn't mention what type of swm setup he has. If it's a swm lnb, then he can't use the HR10, but if he has a swm8 or above, then he can since they have legacy ports.