1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TiVo R10 Recordings

Discussion in 'DIRECTV SD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by kcaudiofx, Nov 16, 2010.

1. kcaudiofx

kcaudiofx Legend

Dec 26, 2009
    I have found a few topics here and they are not completely answering my question. I have a customer who has a R10 Tivo, and he wants to burn the recordings to a DVD, tried doing it the easy way but of course wouldn't let me. It said "copyright material" or whatever. Is there a way I can copy the content to my computer and then somehow remove the copyright material and then burn it to a dvd? thanks in advance

2. paul91

paul91 Legend

Sep 27, 2006
    Unless it was already set to not encrypt the recordings then the only way to get the recordings from the receiver is to copy them to a vcr/dvd recorder.

the recordings are encrypted and tied to the receiver and cant be played on any other receiver

3. fraaboak

fraaboak Cool Member

Nov 16, 2010
    I have a R-10 TIVO and I copy anything to a Panasonic DVR/VCR recorder. After recording you must finalize the disc which enables you to view the recording on any DVD player including my computer. If you need to make copies of the disc you must have DVD copy software or you can do it the long way and burn from the TIVO to the recorder as many times as you need copies.

4. carl6

carl6 Moderator Staff Member DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA