1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Tivo Series 2 compatibility

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by nfiore, Jul 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nfiore

nfiore New Member

Jul 14, 2004
    Another newbie question sorry. I just setup my Hughes HR10-250 and it went painlessly. A couple of questions;

1) Is there another way short of running a second cable from my Sat Dish to enable the second input so that I can record two channels at the same time? I tried a splitter but that didn't work.

2) From everything I have found it looks like in order for the Hughes box to be Tivo Series 2 compatible (meaning that I can do web based programming, store pics and music etc.) it will need at least software version 4.0. I am currently at 3.1.xxx even after forcing updates. Does anyone know if this version is available at all for the Hughes and if so how can I get it upgraded so that I can use the new features?

Thanks

Nick

2. ImmerTech

ImmerTech AllStar

Jul 19, 2004
    Fort Lauderdale
    Unfortunatly no there isn't a way. You must either use the built in Multi-Switch in the LNB(Dish) or use a external Multi-Switch. Both of which require running a cable from the Dish.

At this time the Home Media Option is not available for DirecTV based Tivos. Allthough, the rumor mill is grumbling quite a bit about a possible upcoming announcement that it may be available soon. But I wouldn't get my hopes up that it will be available for the HR10-250.

- ImmerTech

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.