1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tivo Series 2 compatibility

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by nfiore, Jul 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nfiore

nfiore New Member

Jul 14, 2004
    Another newbie question sorry. I just setup my Hughes HR10-250 and it went painlessly. A couple of questions;

1) Is there another way short of running a second cable from my Sat Dish to enable the second input so that I can record two channels at the same time? I tried a splitter but that didn't work.

2) From everything I have found it looks like in order for the Hughes box to be Tivo Series 2 compatible (meaning that I can do web based programming, store pics and music etc.) it will need at least software version 4.0. I am currently at 3.1.xxx even after forcing updates. Does anyone know if this version is available at all for the Hughes and if so how can I get it upgraded so that I can use the new features?

Thanks

Nick

2. ImmerTech

ImmerTech AllStar

Jul 19, 2004
    Fort Lauderdale
    Unfortunatly no there isn't a way. You must either use the built in Multi-Switch in the LNB(Dish) or use a external Multi-Switch. Both of which require running a cable from the Dish.

At this time the Home Media Option is not available for DirecTV based Tivos. Allthough, the rumor mill is grumbling quite a bit about a possible upcoming announcement that it may be available soon. But I wouldn't get my hopes up that it will be available for the HR10-250.

- ImmerTech

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.