1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

TMC problem

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by tcatdbs, Aug 23, 2013.

1. tcatdbs

tcatdbs Icon

Jul 10, 2008
    I'm getting an error message when trying to watch tmcxw or tmc-w, never had the problem.

The receiver has detected that the HD television or the digital connection to TV does not support hdcp. This event is not available on this TV.

This happens on any show. From Hopper and 1 year old 60" Panasonic plasma.

2. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Leapin' Lizard Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    First thing I would try is resetting the receiver... Unplug it for a minute and then plug it back in. I have seen authorization glitches show up sometimes that this would fix on other receivers.

Moving to Hopper forum where you might get more help.

3. tcatdbs

tcatdbs Icon

Jul 10, 2008
    That did it. Thanks. Very strange!

4. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Leapin' Lizard Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Glad to hear it. I've never seen the HDMI error message... but every once in a while on my 922 I used to get the "you aren't subscribed to this channel" error and I would have to do the same thing to fix it.

I know there are some incompatibilities with Dish and some HDTVs with the HDCP handshaking... but since you said this was something that had worked before, I was hoping it would be the power-cycle-fixes-it kind of glitch.