1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TNT Announces Final Season of Landmark Hit THE CLOSER

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by cj9788, Dec 10, 2010.

1. cj9788

cj9788 Hall Of Fame

May 14, 2003
    http://news.turner.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=5484

TNT’s long-running, breakout hit THE CLOSER will wrap up its phenomenal run with a final season in 2011. The difficult decision to conclude the series with season seven was made by Kyra Sedgwick, the Emmy winning star of THE CLOSER

2. fluffybear

fluffybear Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    :icon_cry:

Shouldn't come as a surprise as I think the series has lost a little this past season but regardless it still is one of my favorite TV shows and will be sad to see it go.

3. BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy Good night dear Smoke... love you & "got your butt

Nov 3, 2006
    That's depressing news. :( It is one of my top 5 must watch shows. Well, all good things must come to a end.

4. cj9788

cj9788 Hall Of Fame

May 14, 2003
    I have loved this show from it's start. When Brenda Lee first came to L.A. the unit was callled The Priority Murder Squad. They had PMS on the doors and stationary. Brenda was not amused. I had thought The Closer was going to end last season when the story line was Brenda being a canidate for Chief. Now the story is she is up for Popes job. hat could be a good close for the closer.

5. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    I'm with you. I absolutely love this show. Better to go out a year early, I guess, than over stay it's welcome.

6. mreposter

mreposter Hall Of Fame

Jul 29, 2006
    I hope they bring back the serial killer guy that had the hots for Brenda one more time...

7. fluffybear

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    I wouldn't be surprised if he is not planned for the final episode..

8. Holydoc

Holydoc Legend

Feb 17, 2008
    Panhandle, FL
  9. lwilli201

lwilli201 Hall Of Fame

Dec 22, 2006
    Missouri
    "The Closer" without Sedgwick? How could you have The Closer without the closer? The show has a wonderful and diverse cast and am sad it is going to be canceled or drastically changed. Who could possibly replace Sedgwick?

10. fluffybear

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    I guess one option would be to have Captain Raydor take over major crimes. By no means would the show ever be the same but it would be an option to keep the show alive.

11. mreposter

mreposter Hall Of Fame

Jul 29, 2006
    I'd like to see them send her back to Atlanta once and be a fish out of water now that she's been in LA for so long. Sort of the flip side of the first couple of episodes. Those bits of her driving aimlessly around LA looking for streets was funny.

12. BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy Good night dear Smoke... love you & "got your butt

Nov 3, 2006
    My vote for the replacement Brenda Johnson goes to Det. Lt. Provenza.
    However Fritzee would make a great fish out of water.

13. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    I've got it. Brenda discovers she's with child - a miracle but not too big a one as Sedgewick is only 45. So she retires but consults as a "suspect interviewer" from time-to-time while raising her kid and a cat.

In the meantime, the show merges with "Southland" with actors from "L&O: LA" fluttering in and out like butterflies.:rolleyes:

14. RobertE

RobertE New Member

Jun 9, 2006
    It's time for the show to go out on it's terms vs getting the ax. Let it end with class.

15. fluffybear

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    Full Article

16. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    Interesting plans! Definitely a different idea for the future.