1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TNT missing after new install - sat prob?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by pbadss, Oct 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pbadss

pbadss New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    So the installer came today and everything went smoothly .. so I thought. Tonight I try to watch TNTHD on 245, but it's unwatchable with artifacting, skipping etc. The other channels look ok. I go to the Satellite Test page on the HR20 and the following info shows on the 1-32 transpoder on the 101 satellite

Most everything is 95+ except
    4: 42
    12:32
    20:42
    26:0

The HR10-250 shows the same signal numbers as the HR20, but TNT on channel 75 comes in just fine.

Can I assume the problem is with the aiming of the dish ? Should I call DTV or is this something I can fix myself?

Thanks.

2. cjordan6

cjordan6 Cool Member

Nov 2, 2006
    I have had my system for over a year, and at first the new HD TNT worked fine, I then had the same problems that you speak of. I called DirectTV and we did a reset over the phone, that did not help at all, and I have a service scheduled for next weekend.

3. RobertE

RobertE New Member

Jun 9, 2006

TNT HD I believe comes from the 110.

What are your readings on the 110, 119 & 103?

4. pbadss

pbadss New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    Well, not sure what happened but after 48 hours of unwatchable TNT, it's normal now. Since it was working fine on the H10-250 in the other room and apparently sat 109 has nothing to do with TNTHD I'm guessing it was a HR20 problem. I don't know though. The only other problem I've had with the HR20 is it locked up after I turned it off, but I think there's another thread for that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.