1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

To all the people that want Game Mix with MLB EI

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Dolly, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Feb 4, 2009 #1 of 29
    Dolly

Dolly Hall Of Fame

Jan 30, 2007
    I want the Game Mix with the MLB EI and I have seen posts of other people who also like it. I sent an email to D* yesterday and today my reply came that my request would be sent to D*'s Management. Perhaps the door is not yet totally shut on the Game Mix? (NOTE: The Strike
    Zone is definitely gone). But the Channel that shows the games on one screen and lets you click on the game you want to watch when you want to watch it or you can watch all the available games at one time on this Channel may still be a possibility. I hope all of you that like this Game Mix feature will contact D* and let them know you would still like to have this feature. Since she said my request would go to D*'s Management she made it sound to me that it's D*'s decision to make and that the MLB isn't making it for them. However, I guess if anyone knows how to get in touch with the MLB it wouldn't hurt to let them know you want the Game Mix also. I personally don't know how to contact the MLB myself or I would contact them.

2. Feb 5, 2009 #2 of 29
    davidatl14

davidatl14 Icon

Mar 24, 2006
    I like the Game Mix Channel and will miss it if gone.

That being said hopefully TPTB at MLB will let D continue this offering.

Totally their(MLB) call.

3. Feb 5, 2009 #3 of 29
    BarryS14

BarryS14 Mentor

Jan 16, 2006
    I love the MLB Game Mix channel. I wish it would be in HD like the NFL Sunday Ticket Game Mix. But I'm still up in the air about renewing Extra Innings ever since the MLB network came on the air. The Game Mix channel is the determining factor. If they keep it on EI, then I'm keeping extra innings. If not, then I'm dropping EI and watch the MLB network for the in game live feeds.

4. Feb 5, 2009 #4 of 29
    TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol Hall Of Fame

Oct 1, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    Wait a second, are you saying the Strike Zone channel is gone? When did this happen?

5. Feb 5, 2009 #5 of 29
    dbsdave

dbsdave Godfather

May 1, 2007
    Strike zone is the channel where there is a narrator who takes you to various games live fullscreen. Game mix is the channel where there are several PIP games with current scores that you can autotune to by using the cursor. As far as I know, strike zone will still be a feature.

6. Feb 5, 2009 #6 of 29
    TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol Hall Of Fame

Oct 1, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    Yes I know that, but the OP said:

7. Feb 5, 2009 #7 of 29
    bwaldron

bwaldron Impossible Dreamer

Oct 24, 2005
    Actually, I'll be interested to see if the Strike Zone channel is still around, given that the MLB Network (in which DirecTV has an ownership stake) will be doing a daily show featuring live look-ins on coverage from around the league.

8. Feb 5, 2009 #8 of 29
    davidatl14

davidatl14 Icon

Mar 24, 2006
    The SZC has indeed been taken out of the package.

SatRacer confirmed this in this forum.

MLB owns the rights to that particular facet and have already let DirecTV know that it will not be available anymore. I suppose all the live look ins will now be solely with the MLB Channel.

As for the Game Mix, satracer has told us that the TPTB at MLB haven't reached a final verdict as of yet.

Just reading between the lines I think the current impression is that Game Mix will be gone also.

Back to the original point though Strike Zone Channel will not be part of the MLB EI package this year.:(

9. Feb 5, 2009 #9 of 29
    d max82

d max82 Godfather

May 23, 2007
    80% of the baseball I watched on EI last year was on the game mix channel. It is by far the easiest way to keep up with every game going on around the league.

10. dbsdave

dbsdave Godfather

May 1, 2007
    Oh well....what exactly is included in the superfan package besides all the hd games. Good thing we aren't paying extra for it.

11. bwaldron

Oct 24, 2005
    Thanks -- I haven't been keeping up w/ the forum as closely as usual, and missed that.

But it is as I expected (dropping SZC).

12. xzi

xzi Icon

Sep 18, 2007
    I think it's safe to assume there will be no SuperFan package anymore and HD will just be included if you have HD Access already.

13. miketorse

miketorse Icon

Jul 29, 2008
  14. dhhaines

dhhaines Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2005
    The Game Mix channel would only be useful if it was in HD. Never used it since it was in SD and took you to SD channels. I will miss the StrikeZone channel though as when it was on that is what I watched the most

15. dbsdave

dbsdave Godfather

May 1, 2007
    That's not true, at least last season. The game mix channel itself appeared to be sd, but the PIP boxes showed you what channel numbers you would be tuning to if you clicked at that moment, first the hd channel number would appear, then the standard hd channel. Assuming you had superfan I would guess.

16. n3ntj

n3ntj Hall Of Fame

Dec 18, 2006
    Lancaster,...
    Personally, I rarely watched either the Strike Zone or Mix channels. I much prefer dual HD feeds of the MLB EI games. Now that we have MLB Network HD, this may make up for some of the stuff missing on SZ and Mix.

17. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    Always took me to the HD channel if it was on in HD. I used it as a navigation tool.

18. rkunces

rkunces Legend

Jun 17, 2007
    In additon to that maybe MLB can finally add ALL the FEEDS of games this year. Still yet to see any ota games on the package. RSN alts don't count either.

19. bwaldron

Oct 24, 2005
    Would be nice...but I wouldn't hold my breath.

The good thing is that the number of OTA games continues to decrease.

20. JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2008
    MLB should force them to give HD with MLB EI (price of it is set by MLB) for free. and force them to pick up WCUI games in HD as well (free for Chicago area even if it is a game only feed / non WCUI feed)