1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

"To Record This Program Press (Red Button) on your remote" No longer there!

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by mystic7, Jul 20, 2013.

1. mystic7

mystic7 Icon

Dec 9, 2007
    I just noticed this morning that you no longer get that annoying banner notification on how to record a program every time you change the channel.

I also noticed that ScoreGuide had it's graphics updated, but only for one day. It's back to the low tech look it's had for the past few years. The weirdness continues.

2. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    What DVR you talkin' 'bout? Software version?

Are your TV apps HD or SD?

3. MysteryMan

MysteryMan DIRECTV A-Team

May 17, 2010
    USA
    Still seeing it on my HR34-700 (0x6db).

4. mystic7

mystic7 Icon

Dec 9, 2007
    HR-44. Don't know which software version but it was last updated this past Wednesday. And Score Guide is back to the new graphics again. And MLB EI Free Preview is finally on as well.

5. mystic7

mystic7 Icon

Dec 9, 2007
    I've found the TV apps to be so completely useless that I haven't looked at them in months.

6. Laxguy

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Take a look at the ScoreGuide in TV apps. Available from any channel, if your version is HD, it's splendid.

7. mystic7

mystic7 Icon

Dec 9, 2007
    That TV app scoreguide isn't updated in any kind of timely fashion whatsoever.

8. Laxguy

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    What sort of delays are you seeing?

9. mystic7

mystic7 Icon

Dec 9, 2007
    Anywhere from three innings off to still showing that the game hasn't started, even after the game ends. Plus a lot of times they won't even load because of non-existent network connection errors or whatever. I'm better off letting my MLB At Bat app alert me. That's usually a few seconds behind.

10. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    +1000

I never found them useful

11. Laxguy

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    The Sports app and the Weather app have new life for me, the old SD apps I tested only.

12. mystic7

mystic7 Icon

Dec 9, 2007
    You know, Laxguy, I spoke too soon. I didn't realize they got rid of the "store", and now have only Scoreguide, Weather and the two I'll never use, Social and What's Hot. Yes, they are in HD, and the score guide graphics are the ones I saw the other day that I said were updated. Why I got that the one time, and then went back to the old style, I couldn't tell you. And you're right, the scoreguide updates in real time, shows who's on base, it's great. Sorry I doubted you! peds48, if, like me you haven't even looked at the tv apps for months, take a look now. MUCH better!

Although for some reason my weather app defaulted to El Segundo ;)

13. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    while they do look better, I stll have no use for them since none of them provide what I need. Even the weather app I find the one on my Smartphone to be much better

14. mystic7

mystic7 Icon

Dec 9, 2007
    Same here, but since I live in N.C. and only see the Yanks when they play the Orioles, the scoreguide comes in handy when I want to check the score real quick and I don't have my phone nearby.

15. Laxguy

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Glad you took a look!

Dunno if you were being ironic or not about El S., but just add your own, and delete the default location.

16. mystic7

mystic7 Icon

Dec 9, 2007
    No, I was serious! I already deleted it and added my town.