1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tonight's Titans vs Browns game looks like WGN. Blechh.

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by homebase, Aug 29, 2009.

1. homebase

homebase Legend

Sep 4, 2007
    Football in SD in 2009? C'mon. To make the situation worse, the picture is as awful as WGN. Yuck.

Is the decision to broadcast this in SD based on the local ABC affilliate that who is broadcasting the game? Does the local Cleveland market receive this in HD?

2. RobertE

RobertE New Member

Jun 9, 2006
    WKYC Cleveland 3 (NBC) has it in HD

3. jonmango

jonmango New Member

Feb 24, 2009
    WKRN doesn't have any HD cameras. Hence, the lack of an HD newscast.

4. nashpatrick

nashpatrick Mentor

Sep 20, 2007
    Still, it's sad. I hope the Titans make HD part of any contract renewals. I tried watching for 5 min and changed the channel.

5. jrd4849

jrd4849 Mentor

May 24, 2007
    Tennessee
    At least I was able to watch the game here in Knoxville in crap-o-vision on WATE (ABC). I was worried that the funeral stuff was going to pre-empt the game but the local affiliate dumped the network at game time.:hurah:

6. homebase

homebase Legend

Sep 4, 2007
    Looks like WKRN will be broadcasting Thursday night's game in the same woeful SD feed. Time to make a call to them this week. I'm sure I'm not the only Titans fan who would like to see the home team in HD.

7. homebase

homebase Legend

Sep 4, 2007
    Same story except that the Titans are at home. I suppose the Green Bay viewers are seeing the game in HD...

8. mstanka

mstanka Legend

Jan 25, 2003
    Hopefully once WKRN goes HD for local news, than we will get the locally broadcast games in HD. I don't think that will be an issue once they start showing them nationally. (when WKRN goes HD for local is anyone's guess)

Get with it WKRN!

Something I hate worse than this is the local FOX will broadcast an HD show in SD when they have the bottom scroll for any type of weather issue in TN, AND LEAVE IT UP FOR THE WHOLE SHOW!!!

I've seen this happen for weather 60-80 miles outside of Nashville - Come on FOX!!

Rant over

Michael.