1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Too many watching same playlist error

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by Special Ed, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Special Ed

Special Ed Legend

Oct 26, 2007
    I am new to Genie. I have a Genie and an HR-2* with whole home so all the playlists are combined together. If someone is watching something on the HR-2* playlist, I get red circles with a cross through them on the any other device in my house saying too many are watching the same playlist.

Is this how it works? I thought more than one TV could watch something from the same playlist? Maybe that is only if it is on the Genie not an older HR model that the Genie is doing the whole home playlist?

confused.

2. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    HR2x HDDVRs only supports one stream at a time while the Genie supports up to 3

3. peds48

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    So yes is normal

4. Special Ed

Special Ed Legend

Oct 26, 2007
    Ok got it. Thanks.

5. peds48

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    You are welcome

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

6. Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick Icon

Aug 25, 2006
    Long Island
    Keep in mind that the 1 stream / 3 stream limits do not apply to the TV that is directly connected to the DVR that contains the content. So, you can watch something on the TV that the HR2x is connected to, plus one other TV. You just can't watch programs from that DVR on 2 locations simultaneously. The same goes for the Genie. You can watch on the TV that the Genie is directly connected to, plus 3 remote locations.

7. peds48

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Keep in mind that the 1 stream / 3 stream limits do not apply to the TV that is directly connected to the DVR that contains the content. .

Right because is not streaming....lol