1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Took the plunge -- HR44

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by sweep49, Jul 15, 2013.

1. sweep49

sweep49 Legend

Jul 15, 2008
    SW GA
    After following the topics for months I finally took the plunge and ordered the HR44 from Reider Electronics on Amazon. It arrived in 2 days via UPS. Activated it yesterday and I have to say, like just about everyone, I am blown away. DTV got it right with this iteration. The speed and responsiveness alone make this a winner Really looking forward to no more recording conflicts and using the PIP during football season.

2. Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson 6EQUJ5 WOW! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 24, 2007
    Nice! :)

Do ya like how fast you can scroll through the Guide or the Playlist? For me it's too fast to read but I can usually get where I want to be in the Guide faster than punching in the channel number. :D

Mike

3. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Enjoy!

4. sweep49

sweep49 Legend

Jul 15, 2008
    SW GA
    Yes the scrolling speed is amazing compared to the other HRs. It is really fast and what it needs to be for a good user experience.