1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Top60 and Sports Pak question

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by anex80, Jul 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anex80

anex80 Legend

Jul 29, 2005
    Midwest
    I have a couple of questions regarding the AT60, RSN's, and the Sports Pak. First of all, can you subscribe to the Sports Pak if you only have the AT60? If so, do they blackout games that would otherwise be seen on your RSN? Additionally, can you subscribe to the AT60 Plus when you don't live in an area with local channels? And if so, do they charge you for locals that you don't receive?

Here's my dilemma. I currently live an area where locals are not available and I would like to downgrade to the AT60 but still get my RSN. I don't want to pay the price for the AT60 Plus which includes locals since I can't get the locals anyway. I would rather just subscribe to the AT60 and add the Sports Pak which would hopefully give me my RSN with no blackouts and all of the other sports channels by in essence saving me money by not having to purchase local channels that I can't receive anyway. Is this remotely possible? Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. uroberto

uroberto Cool Member

Dec 10, 2004
    You can subscribe to AT60 PLUS without locals.

3. TonyM

TonyM Banned User

Aug 14, 2003
    you need AT60+ to get your local RSN. You can add the multisports pack for 5.99 on top of that (blackouts apply)

4. TNGTony

TNGTony Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
  5. anex80

anex80 Legend

Jul 29, 2005
    Midwest
    So do I need to have the AT60+ to add the sportspak or can it be added to the basic AT60? Also, what is the price of the AT60+ without locals? The website advertises AT60+ /w locals as $39.99 and not available without locals.

6. CABill

CABill Hall Of Fame

Mar 20, 2005
    EKB page 116 should probably be updated. It lists $5 more than AT60 but it is $10 more than AT60 (or $5 more than AT60 w/ locals). You USED to be able to get AT60+ w/o locals, but you can't now. Existing subscribers can keep it if they have it. Seems like that changed toward the end of last summer.

TonyM already said you had to have AT60+ to add the RSNs. The price increase above AT60 is for your local RSN. IF you have your local RSN, you can add "all RSNs" for another $5.99.

7. TNGTony

TNGTony Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    AT 60 = $29.99 You cannot add any sports RSN channels directly to this.

AT60 Plus = $34.99 Includes your local regional sports network(s). You can ADD the out of market RSN subject to blackouts (No pro sports from outside your area) for an additional $5.99 ($40.99 total)

You can add locals (where aveilable) for another $5 to any of the above.

See ya
    Tony

8. Michael P

Michael P Hall Of Fame

Oct 27, 2004
    Depending on where you live the Sports Pak may have some pro sports that is not blacked out. This is the case where your zip code is in an overlapping sports market area. Somewhere on the web there is a page showing which teams should be in the clear by zip code.

For example: Munster, OH is in the Indians, Tigers, and Reds area (this is just a partial list, I'm sure at least one or two NBA teams are also included). A sports pack subscription will give you games from all three teams' RSN's. I use this example because I once biught a use IRD from someone there and his old subscription was still active during Baseball season. That is why I know about which teams games would not be blacked out.

9. FTA Michael

FTA Michael Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2002
    As I often say, correct in spirit but not accurate. 'Tis the season for Canadian football, occasional MLS matches, and (lower case) extra innings of baseball games, just to name a few.

The full, long-as-your-arm list is here: http://www.carload.com/dishsports.htm. I need to add WNBA games (only on NBA TV) and NASCAR replays (saw one on Sun Sports), but it's pretty exhaustive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.