1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Toshiba SD-9000 and blank media compatabilty

Discussion in 'HDTV Equipment (Closed Forum)' started by MrFooks, Jul 25, 2005.

1. MrFooks

MrFooks AllStar

Nov 20, 2004
    Can anyone tell me if the Toshiba SD-9000 Cinema Series is compatible with any kind of blank DVD media.
    I have the opportunity to buy one that looks in good shape but it won't play back Fuji DVD+R or Staples DVD-R
    Thanks from anyone who can point me in the right direction.

2. Richard King

Richard King Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Mar 25, 2002
    I can't speak for that particular model, but I was having problems playing back DVD+/- r discs on my cheapie ($50) Cyberhome DVD player which was speced to play both varieties. I found the solution last week when I bought a Sony DVD player ($79), also rated to play both, that worked.

3. jpurkey

jpurkey Godfather

May 15, 2003
    Some DVD players and recorders are particular about media. And some media is just not reliable. I found Staples media to be terrible. Media is often discussed in the DVD recorder forum at www.avsforum.com.

Also www.videohelp.com has a section on media compatibility (http://www.videohelp.com/dvdmedia) which lists or lets you search for different media and what recorders/players people have had good/bad luck with.