1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Total Choice Plus vs Choice Locals

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by clay_w, May 14, 2010.

1. clay_w

clay_w Godfather

Dec 7, 2003
    Is there a place that shows or can someone tell me what additional channels the old Total Choice Plan has that the Choice Locals plan does not?

I have the old plan and their site shows that it has 35 more channels but it is hard to find out which 35 channels...

2. dishrich

dishrich Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2002
    Regardless of what either D* or some people claim, TC+ is EXACTLY the same as Choice Xtra. So, just go on D*'s site & compare Choice vs Choice Xtra & you'll have your answer.
    BTW, you ARE aware that while Choice is only about $5 less than TC+, if you ever decide to switch back, you will NOT be able to get TC+ back; you'll have to get Choice Xtra, which would then be about $8 MORE (because TC+ is about $2.50 less than Choice Xtra for the VERY same thing) - so think VERY carefully before you dump it.

3. Prince Oz

Prince Oz Legend

Jan 15, 2009
    That is why I still have not changed to Choice Xtra. I have the TC + HD DVR service and switching would cost me $6 more a month and the only difference right now would be that I would get the Encore & TMC. Though I do like Encores Western and Action channels, I don't like them enough to pay $6 more. Until channels start to disappear to get me to change packages, I will probably stay with TC.

4. netconcepts

netconcepts Legend

Jan 20, 2007
    I have TC+ and now notice that there are several HD nationals not included. But they are no great loss. But if I want to add HBO, will I have to also change my package to Choice Xtra as well?

5. mdavej

mdavej Hall Of Fame

Jan 30, 2007
    I think you are mistaken. I have TC+ and am not missing any HD nationals. You don't have to change your package to add HBO either. You can't add it online, but you can call and add it.