1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Total Choice +, VS Choice Xtra (HD Channels)

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by chem, Jan 3, 2012.

1. chem

chem Cool Member

Jan 3, 2012
    I current have the Total Choice Plus plan, which i know is the same as the Choice Xtra (just 1.50 less).

My question is for HD

Total Choice Plus only offers 35 HD channels, While Choice extra has 50+.

Is this in fact true? i ask because i know what is listed on the directv page is not always true.

2. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    If you are looking at the DirecTv website channel lineups, they are all screwed up. Shows you have to subscribe to Premier to get Golf, and its available in Choice Extra. Just start at channel 200, and start hitting channel up. My parents have TC+ and I have Choice Extra, and we both get the same HD channels.

3. chem

chem Cool Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Thanks,

The choice + seems to not have "COMHD, FXHD,HDNET,SCIHD," Does it infact include those?

4. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    Choice Extra has all 4 of those. My parents with Total Choice + also get all 4 of those as far as I know.

5. mdavej

mdavej Hall Of Fame

Jan 30, 2007
    In spite of what the DirecTV page says, the 2 packages are identical in every way (except price). But I think the gap closes completely with the new price increase coming up.

6. Shades228

Shades228 DaBears

Mar 18, 2008
    They both get renamed with the new pricing. TCP will be gone for good in name.