1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

'Touch' to go, '24' to possibly come back

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by RunnerFL, May 10, 2013.

1. RunnerFL

RunnerFL DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 4, 2006
    1 person likes this.
  2. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    I've enjoyed Touch, but it does just kinda lay there as far as shows go .. It's not particularly surprising that it's been chopped. I'll finish it out and be OK with that (heck, it might even already be done and I don't know ... I've just been on the ride).

3. klang

klang Hall Of Fame

Oct 14, 2003
    Near...
    I'm currently 9 episodes behind on Touch. I do enjoy it but it hasn't been a priority. If there isn't a proper conclusion I may not bother with the rest.

4. pablo

pablo Icon

Oct 11, 2007
    More 24? Yes please.

5. Steve

Steve DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    Yes!!!! Funny I was recently feeling nostalgic about 24, after seeing the actor who played Tony Almeida on Castle the other night.

1 person likes this.
  6. iceturkee

iceturkee DINFOS Trained Killer DBSTalk Club

Apr 1, 2007
    daytona...
    fox is interested in bringing 24 back as a limited series (12 episodes). they are already talking contract with kiefer. i read that thursday night. go to deadline.com for details.

7. RunnerFL

RunnerFL DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 4, 2006
    Or just click on the link I provided at the top.

8. yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo Icon

Nov 1, 2006
    Jacksonville Fl
    I use to like 24 but then I found that 24 hours a day was just too long.

9. Gloria_Chavez

Gloria_Chavez Godfather

Aug 11, 2008
    24 Rocks.

Mad Men Rocks.

What's the crossover appeal?

Only Netflix and its Big Data operation knows for sure.

10. Sixto

Sixto DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 18, 2005
    Let's go 24!

11. Sixto

Sixto DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 18, 2005
    In 12 episodes it's even better to not drag on the day. Would be perfect.

12. Sixto

Sixto DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 18, 2005
    Bring back Alcatraz as well. I want to know how the story ended ... :)

13. dmspen

dmspen Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Dec 1, 2006
    Los Gatos,...
    If there's only 12 episodes, shouldn't it be called '12'?

14. cdc101

cdc101 Godfather

Jan 8, 2007
    Hopefully they'll be 2 hour episodes! lol

15. TomCat

TomCat Broadcast Engineer

Aug 31, 2002
    I would be happy to see 24 again, but it would have to have grown up a little. We have all changed since 911, and so should 24. If they take a fresh approach to terrorism, it could be compelling, yet if we were to watch eps from 2005 or so, they would probably seem pretty stale and cliched. I think the fact that 24 never did well in syndication has a lot to do with how quickly attitudes changed which gave it a short shelf life (the "Cosby Show" syndrome). So it has to change with how the world has changed and how our perceptions of terrorism have changed. In particular? Well, off the top, how about domestic drones, and a more moralistic view of the dilemma of torture? I think the possibilities are pretty ripe.

But these are the same guys who, with Homeland, proved that their talent was not just a fluke. 24 was great because they were great, as is Homeland, and this means that they could certainly pull this off again, especially if they get Sean Callery to do the music again; I felt the production music was an integral part to why 24 was as good as it was, and I felt the same about Homeland. Oddly, his contributions on Elementary don't seem to be that important, but then that show stands as a great show on its own for other reasons (and thriller/suspense is not really a part of that show, which is Callery's strength).

So really, what would make this work is to throw out everything except Kiefer, Sean Callery, and the producers of both Homeland and 24, and maybe bring back an old nemesis or two. They would need to divest themselves of all other artifacts of 24 so that they could start with a fresh slate with no encumberances. That is not easy; think of the baggage of trying to resurrect a show like Star Trek, or Seinfeld, or any other show with a great legacy and probable expectations. They need to free themselves from all of that sort of baggage and just go for it regardless of the legacy or expectations, and if they do, I think it could be really great, and I hope we get to see it happen.

Maybe if they brought back Kim and her pet cougar....Nope, bad idea.

16. LOCODUDE

LOCODUDE Hall Of Fame

Aug 7, 2007
    New York
    I have been catching up on some 24 reruns of late.

17. TomCat

TomCat Broadcast Engineer

Aug 31, 2002
    Loco, do you agree that it now seems a little dated? I saw a couple eps on Audience and that is how it struck me

18. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Doctor Whom Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    In my imagination... I always imagined that Alcatraz took place in the Fringe universe... and was just one long Fringe event that went unsolved :)

19. iceturkee

iceturkee DINFOS Trained Killer DBSTalk Club

Apr 1, 2007
    daytona...
    fox confirms monday morning that 24: live another day will return may 2014 as a 12 episode limited series. kiefer sutherland has been signed.

1 person likes this.
  20. dogs31

dogs31 Godfather

Feb 27, 2006
    It is about time. Jack Bauer's been out of work for four years and his retirement is coming to an end. His autobiography didn't go over well with 20th Century Fox. :coffee

If you wake up the next morning, it is because Jack B. saved you.