1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

TracView issue

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by jeffmacguy, Mar 19, 2013.

1. jeffmacguy

jeffmacguy Cool Member

Oct 21, 2006
    I am attempting to use an hr21-700 in my rv w a tracview single lnb dish. I have used it successfully in this config in the past but for some reason it is flaking out now. I can get the dish to manually lock on the 101 but only the upper transponders register a signal. I've reset the tracview and the receiver. No joy.

Anyone else experienced this?

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Specifically, which transponders are showing signal? Sounds like your dish is aimed at the wrong satellite.

3. jeffmacguy

jeffmacguy Cool Member

Oct 21, 2006
    These...

image-1044251856.jpg

4. texasbrit

texasbrit DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 9, 2006
    Looks like you are pointed at 119 ....

5. jeffmacguy

jeffmacguy Cool Member

Oct 21, 2006
    Excellent.

So there is no way to select a specific satellite. Theoretically, it tracks from east to west beginning at the first e* then eventually to the 101. But it's pretty much a crap shoot as far as I can tell. If anyone has any experience w this device, I would really appreciate any suggestions.