1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tracvision A5 experience

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by TVSaurus, Feb 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TVSaurus

TVSaurus Mentor

Dec 2, 2005
    I have the opportunity to purchase a A5 system for my van for a very good price (~$1300) new, uninstalled. Does anyone here have experience with the system as far as reception and how easy it would be to install? I've already installed two headrest screens so half the work is already done.

Also, I have local waivers for the SD networks for my home system would I be able to receive those also on the tracvision?

Thanks.

2. linger

linger Legend

Nov 5, 2005
    VA
    I have no experience installing the A5 system. I work at a Chevrolet and Cadillac dealership and I have seen a couple of installations done at our dealership by a "pro" installer who comes in and does then install when we sell a A5 system with an Tahoe or Escalade. Mounting the dish doesn't take him anytime at all...most of his time is consutmed in routing wires for power and video.

As far as the local SD chanels, you CAN get them with the A5 system, but they will only work in the region where you locals are being spot beamed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.