1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trading Leased Receivers

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by the_bear, Mar 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the_bear

the_bear Godfather

Oct 18, 2004
    Has anyone swapped leased receivers with one of their friends? I was wondering if I could trade my 811 for a friend’s 522? I realize the leases are officially non-transferable, but since Dish would not loose any money from the trade, I wonder if they would allow it?

2. chaddux

chaddux Banned User

Oct 10, 2004
    The money got loose? You should get a money clip. That will keep your money from getting loose so you won't lose it.

3. JohnL

JohnL Icon

Apr 1, 2002
    Bear,

The answer is NO, Dish will NOT allow this type of use. That is called account stacking and is strictly illegal regardless, even if both of you have the same programing.

522's require a phone connection, if you don't have phone line connected Dish charges an extra $4.99 per month. If you did connect that phone connection and it called in you will get a letter from Dish explaining you have voided your subscriber agreement and they could sue you for damages.

BTW, LOOSE means not tight, as in, "My pants are loose because I lost some weight, so I will have to start wearing a belt." If you mean you lost some money, then it is, "If I'm not careful I might lose my money, because I have a hole in my pocket."

John

4. the_bear

the_bear Godfather

Oct 18, 2004
    So, we would both have to send our current receivers back to Dish and go through the normal exchange path? I assume Dish loses (checked spelling this time) money on receiver changes or do they send the old receivers out again as another lease?

5. JohnL

JohnL Icon

Apr 1, 2002

Bear,

Yo might be eligible for the Dish'n it program. You would have to call Dish to ask. You can't just assume you can send back your receiver and ask for a different one. Whether you qualify or not for the Dish'n it up program there will be a charge for a new receiver regardless.

John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.