1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trailer Park Boys --- highly recommend

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by volkl, Mar 16, 2009.

1. volkl

volkl Legend

Jun 17, 2007
    For those who have networked DVR's, if you haven't yet downloaded the episodes of Trailer Park Boys, you may by missing a series that is terrific.

Download them and watch them in sequence.

2. DCSholtis

DCSholtis Up The Irons!

Aug 7, 2002
    I have been but I also have the Blu Ray on order from Amazon ca. Some funny stuff. :lol:

3. oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw HarpoonIPA

Jan 25, 2007
    Halifax, MA
    One of the funniest shows ever put on TV:)

4. steve053

steve053 Godfather

May 11, 2007
    Why not just watch them on the 101? Two "new" episodes weekly on Thursday's at 9 p.m. CST.

5. volkl

volkl Legend

Jun 17, 2007
    Good point. Actually, I do Tivo them in SD from the 101 broadcast, but I also download them via DOD in HD. Either way works well.

The DOD is nice in that if one discovers an interesting program of a series, they can download the prior episodes and be more hooked than before.

Anyway, I'm trying to justify the wireless networking I eventually got working to my HR20.

May your rum and cola and ice, never run out.

6. mcbeevee

mcbeevee 97% Complete

Sep 18, 2006
    I started with the TPB movie, then the 101 shows, and it has gradually become one of my favorite shows!

:)

7. crasmus22

crasmus22 Mentor

Jan 12, 2009
    Thanks for the heads up on this one. I had never been aware of this show. It was superb. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

8. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    What channel (name) is it on? Is TPB exclusive to D* or is it available from other carriers? Thanks

9. volkl

volkl Legend

Jun 17, 2007
    It is exclusively premeired by D* in the US.

It is originally produced and broadcast in Canada beginning in 2001.

Many of the comical lines have been copied in later US television programs. Very original stuff.

Interestingly, this show was supported significantly and controversially, me thinks, by public Canadian government funding.

A tip-of-the-hat to the creators, producers, and governmental funding decision makers. Very funny.

10. steve053

steve053 Godfather

May 11, 2007
    In addition on to volkl's info:

There's an earlier thread somewhere about TPB that mentions it's also available on NetFlix.

11. TominOH

TominOH Cool Member

Dec 7, 2006
    Just downloaded an episode of 'TPB' to see if the colorful language was bleeped. I've seen the show on the 101 channel and knew it'd be a good candidate. It's not altered in any way on VOD.

The other day we downloaded an episode of 'Head Case" and every 4 letter word was bleeped including a few 3 letter words. Maybe it's just a Starz policy on VOD - strange.