1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Transfer Recordings From External HD to New Hopper w/ Sling

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by LazhilUT, Feb 9, 2014.

1. LazhilUT

LazhilUT AllStar

Mar 24, 2012
    OK so I posted here a few days ago about transfering recordings from my old Hopper to an External HD so I could move them to my new Hopper w/ Sling.

Well, everything copied to the Hard Drive...took forever but it worked.
    Now when I try to copy things back to my new Hopper I get Error 855...the darn thing goes down to 2s left and then it gives me that error and nothing copies. Tried individual episodes or entire show folders and got the same darn thing.

Any ideas?

2. thomasjk

thomasjk Legend

Jan 10, 2006
    The current sw for the original Hopper and HWS has known issues with EHD transfers. The general recommendation is to view your programs form the EHD. This has always been the suggestion because of significant issues early on with Hopper's EHD support.

3. david_jr

david_jr Godfather

Dec 10, 2006
    If you are trying to transfer them all at once, try transferring just a few at a time and see if it makes any difference.

4. LazhilUT

LazhilUT AllStar

Mar 24, 2012
    Tried that...didn't work either.

5. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    wait, if it happen ;)

6. thomasjk

thomasjk Legend

Jan 10, 2006
    Just leave them on the EHD for now. You can watch them from there.