1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transferring recordings between external eSATA drives

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by cigar95, Aug 12, 2011.

1. cigar95

cigar95 Legend

May 23, 2008
    Over recent weeks, going back to the first week of June, I have been involved in a couple long threads trying to figure out how to transfer individual recordings between different external drives. Finally figured out the process, which I just posted in detail over on the other board:

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=195743

As a preview, for those who will note that the process for copying an entire drive already has two long threads with great detail, my source drive had some corruption that prevented it from booting. Copying the entire drive simply reproduced the same corruption. However, copying individual recordings gave me a drive that worked, hence salvaging my recordings from the bowels of the bit bucket.

If this is useful to even one person, I'll be satisfied that I may have finally made a contribution to the board, instead of just getting answers from the smart guys.