1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Transponder loss on Sunday morning.

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by wrate, Jul 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wrate

wrate Legend

May 7, 2002
    Did anyone else experience a total loss of signal on several transponders on Sunday morning (between 2:00 and 2:30 am CDT) ?

I lost about 9 transponders (2,5, 10, 15, 21, and others I don't remember).

I have been looking for posts from other people about this, but only saw one so far on alt.dss.hack usenet group.

It had to be bad, because even after the signal was back, channels carried on those transponders were not viewable. Black screen and channel info was available but no picture or sound.

I wonder if there really was some major satellite failure and if DTV had something to say about it.

Wrate

2. Neil Derryberry

Neil Derryberry Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Mar 23, 2002
    I was sleeping, sorry.

3. Jeigh

Jeigh AllStar

May 16, 2002
    YES! I was wondering if it was just me. It got annoying because after a while of being on a channel with no signal, my receivers thought it had lost the satellite signal. I actually had to restart them to view the channels on the transponders that were working. I wonder what the problem was. Since it was late (About 1am Mountain Time), I just went to bed. Things were fine by morning.

Jeigh

4. wrate

wrate Legend

May 7, 2002
    Jeigh,

Things were back to normal by 2:30 am CDT. And while DirecTV usually denies any malfunctions at their end, satellite failures have been acknowledged in the past. Which is why I wonder if anything was said about this one.

Wrate

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.