1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Tribune Media Services

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Alan Gordon, Aug 25, 2014.

1. Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon Chancellor

Jun 7, 2004
    Dawson, Georgia
    Tribune Media Services has made some changes this year. Partnering with Gracenote and making the UGLY changes to Zap2it.com.

Unfortunately, with the zap2it.com changes, they didn't stop by making the page look bloated, they got rid of the page to report errors in programming information.

Does anyone know how to get Tribune information corrected (contacting the stations' is out of the question as they never understand what you're asking them to do, and nothing ever gets done).

2. Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon Chancellor

Jun 7, 2004
    Dawson, Georgia
  3. n3ntj

n3ntj Hall Of Fame

Dec 18, 2006
    Lancaster,...
    Doesn't seem there is anything we can do to get the networks/stations, TMS, and the pay carriers to provide correct guide info. Each points at the other when there are errors (and there are always errors).

4. Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon Chancellor

Jun 7, 2004
    Dawson, Georgia
    Reporting stuff on the Zap2it website has worked well for me for years now. A neighboring market recently started news broadcasts in HD, and I went to Zap2it.com a couple of weeks ago to report said information, and realized that they no longer had a place to report such things.

I did get a little perturbed at Tribune some time ago when my local FOX affiliate had regained "HD" tags on their syndicated programming. I informed Zap2it of the issue (like I've done in the past), and was told that they mark programming that is available in HD as HD regardless of whether or not the station broadcasts it as such! :sure:

5. dvdmth

dvdmth Icon

Jul 24, 2008
    Denver, CO
    I never could figure out how to get guide errors fixed. I was very annoyed when KMGH in Denver gave bad info about Wheel of Fortune, claiming that each episode was the one from two days prior, which screwed up the DVR at the beginning and end of each season. As far as I know, that was never fixed, and it went on for several years. I no longer watch that show, so I don't know if it has been fixed more recently.

They also had bad info for Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but that problem magically got fixed when they changed their schedule and moved the show from morning to afternoon. At the time, I was thinking that maybe I could convince them to move WOF to a different time slot as well, but I doubted I would have enough pull to get anything done.

Occasional errors don't bother me, but when an error for a regularly scheduled program persists for months, even years, then it gets infuriating as a DVR user. I sometimes think stations do this on purpose to annoy us time-shifters.