1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Tried it but no go...

Discussion in 'Internet Streaming Services' started by seern, Oct 12, 2013.

1. seern

seern DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 12, 2007
    Glen Allen, VA
    I decided to give Hulu Plus a try with their one week free. After just 2 evenings, I was getting fed up with the commercials they put into every TV show even if its BBC which does not even have commercials.

2. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    BBC in the UK doesn't, because of the TV license fee. BBC Worldwide is different.

3. sigma1914

sigma1914 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    I don't mind them because they're short, however, I do mind the repetitiveness of them. I was watching last season of Parenthood the other day, and I was so sick of the iPad vs Surface ad.

4. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Glad this thread started. I've been paying for it for...I dunno, but I never use it. I just cancelled it.

Rich

5. lparsons21

lparsons21 Hall Of Fame

Mar 4, 2006
    Herrin, IL
    I pay for the service for part of the year. I like CW shows but our local CW station is on a low-power, bit-starved platform and totally unwatcheable even on an SD tv screen.

A side benefit is to get to see some other shows that I might not have known existed. Some really good, some really bad. Kind of like TV in general! :)