1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"True Grit" Remake - Christmas 2010

Discussion in 'The Movies' started by bobukcat, Oct 20, 2010.

1. bobukcat

bobukcat Hall Of Fame

Dec 20, 2005
    I can't believe they found an established actor willing to take on a role that John Wayne clearly hit out of the ballpark but apparently Jeff Bridges was willing. It is directed by the Coen brothers so maybe it has some chance but I think this is just further evidence that Hollywood is out of new ideas, or just unwilling to try them.

Matt Damon is playing the part of Texas Ranger "La Boeuf" that Glenn Campbell originally played and a relative new comer Hailee Stanfield plays "Mattie Ross" while Josh Brolin rounds it out as "Chaney".

http://www.imdb.com/rg/VIDEO_PLAY/LINK//video/imdb/vi985860377/

2. fluffybear

fluffybear Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    I'm sorry it is not that Hollywood is out of ideas but rather the current generation of Hollywood Producers have grown lazy (it doesn't matter if we talk Movies, Television, Music, etc.) and would rather take something already made, retool it a bit and call it new.

3. Dario33

Dario33 Godfather

Dec 15, 2008
    This looks pretty good. Recently picked up the Charles Portis novel in anticipation. :up: