1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Truth in Advertising?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk - Gadgets, Gizmos and Technology' started by Marlin Guy, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Marlin Guy

Marlin Guy Hall Of Fame

Apr 8, 2009
    Got this in the mail today.
    Had to share.

[​IMG]

2. Cholly

Cholly Old Guys Rule! DBSTalk Club

Mar 22, 2004
    Indian...
    :rolling:

3. dmspen

dmspen Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Dec 1, 2006
    Los Gatos,...
    There is nothing funnier than real life humor!

4. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    Mustavbeen a refurb of a refurb of a refurb!

5. djlong

djlong Hall Of Fame

Jul 8, 2002
    New Hampshire
    I swear I am not making this up.

There was a low-rent car dealer in Hudson NH (the site is now part pool and outdoors supplies, part Subaru dealer) back in the 1970s into the 1980s. He sold used cars.

He *wanted* to be like the 'big boys' across the river in Nashua, selling shiny NEW cars. So, when a new nameplate came out, he bought the franchise rights and tried his hand at new-car sales.

He bought into Pinninfarina.
    he bought into Bricklin.
    He bought into Alfa Romeo and whatever car company it was that tried to sell the Fiat X-1/9 when Fiat left North America.

The last straw for him was when he had a choice between two new car companies to buy into. This was his last shot. He had a choice between Hyundai (and their new econobox "Excel") and Yugo.

To quote the Indiana Jones movie, "He chose - poorly".

His business acument was so bad that he ran a Thanksgiving promotion to try and sell more cars.

I swear to you - no lie - he put the following on his changeable sign out front:

"Buy a car - Get a turkey"