1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TruTV guide showing wrong shows

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Coca Cola Kid, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Coca Cola Kid

Coca Cola Kid Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2009
    Mt. Morris, MI
    I recorded Las Vegas Jailhouse tonight but got Impractical Jokers instead. I then set it to record the 1 am airing and the same thing happened. WTF? :mad:

2. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    I noticed this the other night... I was trying to record Impractical Jokers (a new show I've began to love), but The Wieners Circle recorded, which I actually liked and would like to record but who knows what I'll get. Pretty much defeats the reason for guide info & doesn't help me catch old episodes I haven't seen.

3. iceturkee

iceturkee DINFOS Trained Killer DBSTalk Club

Apr 1, 2007
    daytona...
    i think it was last weekend (not the one just past) that i noticed wrong guide info.

4. fleckrj

fleckrj Icon

Sep 4, 2009
    Cary, NC
    I have noticed wrong guide information from time to time on many channels. Since DirecTV pulls the guide data from Tribune, I do not think the problem is limited to DirecTV. Channels switch their lineup and do not update the data they send Tribune. It is not frequent, but it does happen.

5. WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2008
    I suggest you contact Truetv (email) - A couple weeks ago the Sony Movie channel was showing no info in the guide at all - (just displayed MOVIE) for 14 days -the only channel in my guide that was without update info.

I went to the sony movie channel web site and informed them (of my guide issue on D* tv) and got a email response in 24 hrs thanking me and they would look into the issue. ( I thought right :nono2: pat response) But 48 hrs later the channel guide was fixed (updated) the reason I noticed it was (Sony Channel) emailed me and told me it was fixed. :) (UFB)

6. Coca Cola Kid

Jul 19, 2009
    Mt. Morris, MI
    Exactly, how am I supposed to watch my shows when I don't know when they're really going to be on??? :mad:

7. Coca Cola Kid

Jul 19, 2009
    Mt. Morris, MI
    Sony's a smaller channel though, it's the only channel Sony owns in the US besides minority shares of GSN, Fearnet and 3net. Turner is a much bigger fish. I'll try it and see what happens though.

Edit: I already got my canned "we got your email but probably won't respond" message. :nono:

8. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    It's wrong again tonight. This time I checked Uverse & it was wrong, too. Do we contact Tru or Tribune?

9. Coca Cola Kid

Jul 19, 2009
    Mt. Morris, MI
    I emailed TruTV last night and of course no response. I guess we could try Tribune (or maybe D*?)

10. ThomasM

ThomasM RF Engineer

Jul 20, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    Hey, I set up BAIT CAR to be recorded but got Las Vegas Jailhouse instead! It actually was a pretty good show. So maybe you could try recording BAIT CAR to get your show.... ;)

11. Coca Cola Kid

Jul 19, 2009
    Mt. Morris, MI
    This is getting more confusing by the minute. :confused::confused::mad::mad:

12. texasbrit

texasbrit Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2006
    If the guide data shows the wrong shows, it's almost certainly a tru TV issue, not Tribune. Suggest you e-mail them.

13. Shades228

Shades228 DaBears

Mar 18, 2008
    Have you checked to see when the corresponding show that it actually was would be on. It could be as simple as loading the data with the wrong time zone code. Regardless I would email TruTV and tribune about it.

14. Coca Cola Kid

Jul 19, 2009
    Mt. Morris, MI
    I already did 2 days ago, no response. :mad: